Thursday, November 29, 2007

Soup's On!

Well, it's that time of year again. It is finally starting to get chilly. So it is time to brake out the Baked Potato Soup. The ONLY soup that gets made from scratch around here. And since I made it today and an currently enjoying a bowl, I figured that I would share with anyone that wanted to try.
Baked Potato Soup (Serves 4)
6 slices of bacon (fried, crisp and crumbled)
4 medium potatoes (skins on or off, up to you)
2 Tb margarine
1/3c. chopped green onion (I don't like them, so I skip them)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1c. chicken broth
1c. half and half
salt and pepper to taste
1/2c. grated cheese (more if you like)

Prepare bacon and set aside. Bake or boil potatoes, cool and cut into small chunks. In medium saucepan, melt margarine and saute green onions until clear. Next add cream of chicken soup, broth, cream, cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Stir well. Next add potatoes, simmer until hot. Don't boil. Ladle into bowls. Top with cheese, sour cream, chives or parsley. (We just do the cheese).

So there ya go, a yummy soup to keep you warm.

2 comments:

Theresa Tyree said...

Yum! I'll have to try that! I love soup when it's cold outside.

missy j said...

Yum!
I'll give it a try!
Thanks for sharing.