Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tennessee

A brief trip to Tennessee in pictures, lol. I still have to get Wanda's, these are just my digital images. I also have a bunch in 35mm (YES, I still use 35mm, I LOVE my 35mm)

This picture was taken at Kellogg's Southern Restaurant. We stopped here for lunch, in true Southern style, they had fried green tomatoes, gator tails and frog legs on the menu. Reed played Hot Wheels as we waited.



Reed and dad goofing off in the backseat.

The beautiful view from the balcony of the condo we were staying at in Sevierville, Tennessee.

On Monday, we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not Aquarium in Gatlinburg. The shark tunnel was the big hit. I wanted to go back thru again, it was so neat to be near these fabulous animals.

Once we pulled ourselves out of the shark area, we came upon where you could touch Horseshoe Crabs. Reed was leary at first, but once he finally touched it and realized that dad was right it did feel kind of like a turtle shell and it wouldn't pinch him like the crabs in our tank, we couldn't get him out of it.

We then drove through Smokey Mountain National Park, or atleast a small part of it. There was a small log cabin and this barn, that were part of the scenic stops along the motor trail. Another scenic stop, I wish there would have been more of these on the trail we were on. There were a lot of hiking trails, but no one was interested in that, lol.Tuesday, we went to a stables and petting zoo. Wanda and I rode the trails on Squirrel and LJ, while Reed and Art went down to the petting zoo and saw camels, zebras, kangaroos, deer, elk, goats, etc.

While we were killing time to head over to the Dixie Stampede, we stopped at this souvenir shop. Yes that is their entrance. It was called Jaws, I know, shocking.

The Dixie Stampede, where soda is served in a boot, while you are waiting to get into the arena. Reed loved everything but the food, LOL. Luckily I had brought some snacks with me in anticipation.

Wednesday Morning, brought us into Pigeon Forge. The boys decided to hop on the go-karts. Reed had a nonstop smile across his face. So did Art. It was great! We met up with Wanda at Happy Day's Diner for lunch. I loved the tables.
As we were getting burnt out on tourist attractions, we decided to hit the Jurassic Boat Ride since Reed was wanting to see dinosaurs. I don't think this was what he was wanting. It was ok, he was scared and attached to me. The robotics were fabulous.
We did other things, like swimming and mini golf at the condos. Ate at some interesting places, but had a lot of fun together. It was nice to get away for a while.

Ok, the project photos are loaded, so they are up next.















No comments: