Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Well our little friends have found a home. :) I contacted the local bird shelter and they gave me the number to a nice lady who takes care of songbirds and mammals that are common. The "babies" are sparrows. The kids at work LOVED them. I wasn't too happy about slicing up worms, lol. But I got some good pics that I will be able to put into LOs this weekend at the crop.
Did you know that if you find some baby birds that have fallen out of their nest, they suggest that if you can't put them back in their nest to take a bowl and poke holes in the bottom, line it with napkins and tuck it into the tree they fell out of. Watch for a couple hours to see if the mother bird comes back to take care of them. If she doesn't you need to seek help. They can live briefly (until you find help, since the little buggers need to be fed every 20 minutes) on dried kitten food, smashed up with warm water. Make it the consitency of watery oatmeal. (2 parts water to 1 part food)
So besides all that, not much is going on. I am in the process of putting together preschool graduation, completing my final project and now I have decided to go back (what do I mean back, I never left) to get my associates degree in Early Childhood. I always put it off, saying to myself that I wouldn't stay in this line of work, but after 18 years, I guess I am here for good. :) I am working on a scholarship as we speak. So that is always good news.
Ok off to get ready for the crop and everything else. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
~J~

No comments: